Sunday, May 24, 2015

Personal Questions Tag

I like to do these every once in a while so that I don't just keep writing about the same things!

1. Do you have a middle name?
Yes, it's my father's name (common for most Indians)

2. Favorite subject in school? 
Probably math, but I hated statistics and loved Economics and Chemistry even though they were both difficult for me.

3. Favorite drink?
Unfortunately, Coke! It has too much sugar and stains your teeth, so I've mostly given it up, but I still have it once or twice a week.

4. Favorite song at the moment?
Carried Away by Passion Pit

5. Do you participate in any sports?
I got my 1st black belt in taekwondo about 5 years ago and haven't gone back since, but I exercise pretty regularly, depending on how much time I have (exams!).

6. Favorite book?
I loved the Harry Potter series and grew up on it.

7. Favorite color?
Purple, but not to wear.

8. Favorite animal?
Cats and dogs, I cannot pick just one and I find the street animals in India are extremely sweet! Only once I had a bad experience in which a dog chased me while I was on a bike. I have learned since then not to wear a helmet while driving through a crowd of dogs.

9. Favorite perfume?
Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

10. Favorite holiday?
I love going to Hawaii! All the islands are different, but wonderful in their own way. I also like going to New York City but it's not really a holiday since it's only a few hours away from home.

11. Have you graduated high school?
Yes, a couple years ago.

12. Have you been out of the country?
Many times, even though I live in the U.S. I was born in Canada so I'm already a dual citizen, plus I attend college in India. Shoutout to my parents for giving me so many opportunities!

13. Do you speak any other languages?
I speak English (obviously), Hindi, and Marathi (both of which are semi-necessary in Mumbai, especially Hindi, but if you go outside Mumbai, to say, Pune, then you definitely need to know Marathi). I also took 3 years of Spanish so I can still say a few things, and every now and then I try to review what Spanish I know so it stays fresh and I don't forget it.

14. Do you have any siblings?
No, I'm an only child.

15. What's your favorite store?
I love Nordstrom, but for clothes I've been making some of my own clothes for the past few years. I also like Forever 21 for basics like t-shirts. Zara is also really good, but in India you will only find the previous season's clothes and they'll be pretty dirty and in limited stock. For jeans I only wear designer and I have jeans that I've been wearing for 4-5 years. I prefer Seven for all Mankind since they actually carry my size (my waist is pretty small, around a 23-26 depending on the brand).

16. Favorite restaurant?
I don't really have one. In Mumbai I like Smokehouse Deli, but to be honest I haven't found that any of the restaurants here are anywhere near the quality of food that you will get in the U.S. At home I love to have fried clams, lobster rolls, and lobster bisque (!!!).

17. Did you like school?
To be honest, I think the school and the people make a difference. I attended two high schools, and the first one I attended was really horrible because the people weren't that great nor were the teachers. I attended a high school in a small Midwest city in 11th and 12th grade, and found the experience to be much better. The people were very inclusive and the teachers were extremely supportive.

18. Favorite movie?
The Italian Job (2003)

19. Favorite tv shows?
I have a really bad addiction to TV, but I love Friends, Seinfeld and Modern Family. I could watch these over and over and never get bored.

20. PC or Mac?
Mac all the way! I got my first laptop when I was 12, and it was a MacBook. It lasted 6 years of heavy use and abuse before I finally had to replace it with a new MacBook Pro which is still going strong even though I have spilled milk on the keyboard.

21. What phone do you have?
I have a silver iPhone 6, and if you're considering it then I highly suggest you buy a 64gb phone. I originally bought the 16gb and it wasn't enough, I had to get a 64gb phone.

Personal Questions:
1. What do you order at Starbucks?
In the U.S. I get a grande mocha with three extra pumps and in India I get a venti white chocolate mocha.

2. One thing in your closet you cannot live without?
Leggings! Super versatile and much better than jeans in terms of ventilation in this Mumbai summer.

3. What's one thing most people probably don't know about you?
I actually like to run, but I find it a bit difficult because of light lung and heart issues (nothing major, just makes exercise a bit difficult), so I tend to push myself too hard. I have to work extra hard to keep my ego in check and not push myself to the brink, or else I'll end up just collapsing.

4. Name one thing you want to do before you die.
There's a lot, but I would love to go scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef.

5. One food you cannot live without?
Chocolate. I love brownies and chocolate frosting, I eat it out of the can. It takes a lot of self control to not eat a whole can of frosting. I also love cheese and cheese flavored chips. And bacon. I cannot get enough bacon. 

6. What's your most listened to song on iTunes?
Viva la Vida by Coldplay

7. What kind of style would you define yourself as having?
Minimalist. I dress in light shades, shades of white, gray, and black.

8. Favorite number?
18

9. Two hobbies?
Researching fashion and designing clothes

10. Two pet peeves?
People who are judgemental when they have no right to be, and people with bad manners.

11. Guilty pleasures?
Television and junk food. I cannot get enough of either.

Anagha C.

No comments:

Post a Comment