Wednesday, July 22, 2015

a few hair care products

Recently my dad came from the U.S. bearing gifts! Okay, not gifts but rather things that I had requested. Some shampoos and conditioner, along with a few other hair care products that you don't get as easily in Mumbai but I have managed to find a few places you can try your luck. I've also included a few items I have purchased in Mumbai itself so these items are definitely accessible.

Organix Shampoo
This is a brand I have used and loved for the past few years, and since they have such a wide variety of products you can keep switching it up with your shampoo so your hair doesn't become used to the formula, plus, there are no sulfates! Currently I'm using the Moroccan Argan Oil Luxurious Creme, most recently I have used the Moroccan Argan Oil and Coconut Milk shampoos. The formula is great, the smell makes me feel like my hair is super squeaky clean (a definite plus in this horrible heat) but also it doesn't smell too chemically.

Availability: I have seen this at Wellness Forever Chemists, and at Beauty Hub in Bandra (across the street from Smoke House Deli near Linking Road and Pali Naka.

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Smooth 24HR Frizz Reduction
I usually use the regular 3 minute conditioner, but my mom decided to send me a new conditioner this time, and I have to say, it's been working quite well. I use this before shampooing my hair so that all the knots come out, and every other day I'll use this at the end of the shampoo-condition cycle. Try it out if you want a new conditioner!

Availability: I do not know where you will get this in Mumbai but you might try Amazon.

Selsun Blue Shampoo
I use this for dandruff and to prevent skin infections. In this heat I find that my scalp is sweating a lot, especially in my sleep, so I use this to prevent bacteria from forming in my hair, since it's extremely strong and has sulfides in it. I usually use this 2-4 times a week, which is more than recommended but I'd rather have slightly damaged hair than dandruff or an infection.

Availability: Again, I recommend trying Amazon as I have not seen a product like this in Mumbai.

Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Repair Conditioner
This is the best deep conditioner I have found, and from one of the most reputable companies. Everybody uses at least one Neutrogena product in the hair or skin care routine. I use this about 2-3 times a week after I shampoo my hair and leave it while I'm using a scrub or my usual body wash, then wash it out after 5 minutes.

Availability: This is available at Amazon.in for around 1000RS for 8.45 oz.

St. Ives Apricot Scrub
According to the instructions this is a face scrub, but I find it to be a bit thick, so for my face I mix a bit of this with any foaming cleanser and then wash my face with that. About 2-3 times a week I use this on my body to help get rid of the ingrowths leftover from my years of shaving. I have seen a reduction, but that's probably down to the combination of using the scrub and waxing semi-regularly, while I don't shave, it's still difficult to find time to wax.

Availability: I have purchased this from Beauty Hub in Bandra before.

BBlunt Intense Moisture Conditioner For Seriously Dry Hair
I decided to try this out after hearing about BBlunt and considering it's made specifically for Indian hair it seemed like a safe bet. Despite the cheap packaging/conditioner, the conditioner is good, and the spout helps you to use the right amount rather than squirting out more than you need, plus the container is designed with the spout on the bottom so no product goes to waste.

Availability: I purchased this from purplle.com which I highly recommend as I got a 20% discount with PayTM so it came down from 375RS to 300RS and it was delivered the next day itself, so no need to wait!

Schwarzkopf Heat Protection and Straightening Style Cream from the Styliste Ultime Collection
I usually use the CHI Iron Guard for heat protection, but that wasn't available so I asked my mom to pick another heat protection cream or spray and she got this. Schwarzkopf is a quality brand, and I've only used this a few times but so far I've liked it, and the smell is nice too, a bit like a hand cream!

Availability: I purchased this from the U.S. but I would suggest trying purplle.com , Amazon, or Beauty Hub in Bandra.

Beauty Hub:
Shop No 3, Kenwood Coop Housing Society Limited, Pali Naka, Ambedkar Road, Zig Zag Road, opposite Wellness Forever Chemist, Bandra (W), Mumbai-400050

Update: The Aussie conditioner and Selsun Blue Shampoo are both available on Amazon.in at around 1200RS. Note that any prices quoted may vary due to availability.

No comments:

Post a Comment