Sunday, June 28, 2015

restaurant review: Wraps & Wings

Unbeknownst to me, this is actually a branch of a chain in London. But upon hearing that, I expected what I would usually expect from a foreign chain. Poor service and lesser flavors at a higher markup. Thank god, I was surprised by Wraps & Wings! Although I haven't actually visited the original chain in London, I have plans to go there on my next visit. But in the mean while I know that I have a location near me here in Mumbai to satisfy my cravings!

Now, onto the review itself!

I have ordered from here twice in the past 5 days. That in itself should tell you how much I have grown to like this place. The first time I ordered from here, I wanted to try many things so I ordered a bit too much. I got the chicken burger, wings, and strips which ended up being a lot but there were plenty of leftovers!

THE FOOD

Chicken Burger Meal:
This came with fries and a soda, so it was a proper meal. The fries were thick cut and came with a small salt packet so you could salt the fries to your taste. This is so much better than ending up with under salted or over salted fries that you would usually get at a fast food joint. The soda was in a bottle which is way better than the paper thin cups they give you at McDonalds or Burger King! As for the burger itself, oh my gosh. This thing was stuffed. Plenty of veggies, and the biggest bun I have seen in India so far. Even better was the fact that they didn't just fry up some pre made patty and throw it in there, they took a couple of chicken strips that were properly marinated and put them in the burger. So much better! Beyond doubt, this was the best chicken burger I have tasted in India so far and I highly recommend it.

Wings:
These were the biggest wings I have seen so far, and also the most "wing-like" wings. I selected the "Peri peri hot" option for the marinade and was expecting it to set my mouth on fire, but thankfully the marinade wasn't too spicy! It was just spicy enough to require the occasional sip of water, but not enough to warrant a glass of milk on the side. I would definitely recommend these, in fact three are more than enough for one person.

Strips:
I tried the "peri peri mild" for the marinade, and it was very different from the "hot peri peri", it tasted a bit more like a kebab, so I would go for this only if you want less of an authentic wings taste and more of a kebab, Indian style of chicken. I would definitely recommend these though, especially for those who don't like bones in their chicken, this is the option for you.

THE SERVICE

Delivery:
The delivery here is so prompt! If they say that they will get your food to you in half an hour, they are not lying! Plus, their delivery boys are courteous and not all disgruntled like they usually are, so tip them!

Service:
The first time I ordered, I used the Zomato ordering app, but the second time I called up on the phone. The guy who takes your order is extremely courteous and he even called the next day to keep my name and number together for the next time I ordered. Now that is quality service!

Packaging:
This is important especially during the monsoon because you don't want your food to get dirty or wet on its way to you. They delivered everything nearly in bags and had brought the food in a travel lunch bag which was reassuring. Even the dips they provided were individually taped to provide protection from any spillage. Major plus points for keeping it all clean!

OVERALL EXPERIENCE
I would definitely recommend that you give this place a try, just be aware that their portions are large so don't go overboard in ordering! Maybe if you are have a small get together or party it would be cost-effective to order from here, not to mention quite tasty!

CONTACT

1&2, Bhakti Park, Wadala, Mumbai 400037


Anagha C.

No comments:

Post a Comment